The Silver Oak Parents Organization exists to create a community where families feel they belong, and that their opinions matter. We exist to equip and empower parents to provide the best educational opportunities for their students. We stand with school staff as they cultivate an educational community where each student feels safe and empowered to reach his or her potential.
Please email us at ParentsOrg@silveroakmontessori.org.
Please click here for the Volunteer form
General Meetings schedule
Meetings are held at Silver Oak in classroom #7.
Monday December 11th 2017, at 7pm.
Monday November 13th 2017, at 7pm.
Monday October 9th 2017, at 7pm.
Wednesday September 6th 2017, at 7pm.
Leadership Planning Meetings schedule
Meetings are held at Silver Oak in the courtyard (weather permitted), or the gym.
Tuesday December 5th 2017, at 3pm.
Tuesday November 7th 2017, at 3pm.
Tuesday October 3rd 2017, at 3pm.
Thursday September 14th 2017, at 3pm.
Tuesday August 29th 2017, at 3pm.
Tuesday August 8th 2017, at 1pm (Note the different time).
Tuesday July 18th 2017, at 3pm.
Tuesday June 20th 2017, at 3pm.
Tuesday June 13th 2017, at 3pm.
Student Community Service Hours
If your student still needs additional community service hours, here are some opportunities:
- Help taking care of the garden at Silver Oak. Contact Steve at 650-787-0430 for details.
- Keep Hayward Clean & Green Task Force conducts monthly cleanup events (usually the 4th Saturday morning of the month). Check their web site for more information, www.hayward-ca.gov/your-environment/get-involved/keep-hayward-clean-green-clean-ups.
- Babysitting at Golden Oak, during the Parent Teacher Organization meetings, held the first Thursday of the month, changing to the 1st Tuesday starting in Nov, from 6:30pm to 8pm. Contact Murielle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 650-799-3064 for details.
- During the summer, be a Junior Counselor at East Ave. Camps (Hayward Area Recreation & Park District), find information on their web site at http://www.haywardrec.org/391/East-Ave-Camps-Jr-Counselor-Info.
- Be a Youth Leader at Mosaic’s Outdoor Program. Here’s the web site https://mosaicproject.org/programs/youth-leadership-project/.
1. Clark Montessori: Seniors reflect on their education
2. Montessori vs Conventional School
3. American Montessori Society Videos