The Silver Oak Parents Organization exists to create a community where families feel they belong, and that their opinions matter. We exist to equip and empower parents to provide the best educational opportunities for their students. We stand with school staff as they cultivate an educational community where each student feels safe and empowered to reach his or her potential.
Please email us at ParentsOrg@silveroakmontessori.org.
Please click here for the Volunteer form
Student Community Service Hours
If your student still needs additional community service hours, here are some opportunities:
- Help taking care of the garden at Silver Oak. Contact Steve at 650-787-0430 for details.
- Keep Hayward Clean & Green Task Force conducts monthly cleanup events (usually the 4th Saturday morning of the month). Check their web site for more information, www.hayward-ca.gov/your-environment/get-involved/keep-hayward-clean-green-clean-ups.
- Babysitting at Golden Oak, during the Parent Teacher Organization meetings, held the first Thursday of the month, changing to the 1st Tuesday starting in Nov, from 6:30pm to 8pm. Contact Murielle at email@example.com or 650-799-3064 for details.
- During the summer, be a Junior Counselor at East Ave. Camps (Hayward Area Recreation & Park District), find information on their web site at http://www.haywardrec.org/391/East-Ave-Camps-Jr-Counselor-Info.
- Be a Youth Leader at Mosaic’s Outdoor Program. Here’s the web site https://mosaicproject.org/programs/youth-leadership-project/.
American Montessori Society Videos