2017-2018 Coming Back to School
Please keep checking this page for latest information.
- Freshman Math Placement Test will be administered at the school on Tuesday, August 15th at 10:00am. This testing is required in order for students to be scheduled for their classes. At this time the students will also select the foreign language that they will be studying.
- A Mandatory New Family Orientation Meeting is scheduled for Monday, August 21st, at 6:30pm in the gym. All freshman and transfer families and students are required to attend.
- The first day of the 2017-2018 school year is Thursday, August 24th. Prior to the opening day of school, we will hold “Registration Day” on August 22nd from 8:45am to 10:45am and again from 3:00pm to 6:00pm. Each student must come with a parent to register for school. The student and parent may come at any time during the hours listed; they can leave once registration is complete.At Registration the student and parent will:
– choose an elective
– update the Emergency Card
– complete the 2017-2018 Free and Reduced Lunch Form
– purchase PE/Sports shirts
– complete the athletic survey
– submit all Team Sport documents
– sign laptop contracts and pick-up laptops
– pick up class schedule
– take student I.D. photos
- KQED TV Pledge Drive – August 9th 2017
KQED Television and Radio pledge drives are a great way to support your community! Volunteers help out by answering phones and taking donations on computer system. If your student would like to help out (needs to be at least 16 years old), signup for this event (that will count towards his/her Community Volunteer hours).
Signup to volunteer
- Work Days
As we prepare to cleanup the school, there are a few tasks for which we would appreciate your help! Parents and students are welcome. This is a great way for students to perform their Community Volunteer hours.
Signup to volunteer
We are trying to put in place a structure to create a “Parents’ Organization” for next school year, and be ready when school resumes in August. If you are interested in helping, please join us on Tuesday June 13th, at school, from 3pm to 4pm. If you are busy, and cannot make that meeting, but you still want to be involved in shaping this organization, please contact us at ParentsOrg@silveroakmontessori.org.
Next meetings: June 20th (3pm), July 18th (3pm), August 8th (1pm) at Silver Oak.